OST files, which are offline files, allow users to save Exchange mailbox data and make it accessible to them even when the Exchange server’s not available. The OST file allows users to access their mail and messages offline. It is also automatically synchronized to Exchange Server once Internet connectivity is restored.
Users often need to access their important contacts via Outlook OST file to PST if Exchange Server is down. Many users are not familiar with the process of exporting contacts. We have provided a step-by-step manual guide to export contacts from Outlook OST into PST.
Table of Contents
Export Contacts from Outlook OST to PST file
Two possible methods to export Contacts from Outlook OST to Outlook PST are being discussed.
- Manual method – MS Outlook Import/Export feature
- Automated method – OST to PST Converter
Let’s take a look at each one:
Method 1: Export Contact From Outlook OST To PST Using Import/Export
MS Outlook offers an Import/Export function to export contacts from Outlook OST into PST. This feature only works if users are connected to Exchange via their Exchange profile. To export Outlook contacts to PST, follow the steps below:
- Start MS Outlook. Click File > Open and Export. This will take you to the Import/Export Wizard.
- Select Export To a File in Import and Export Wizard and click on Next.
- To continue, click Next in the Export to File Wizard.
- Select Contacts, check Include Subfolders option, and then click on Next.
- To locate the file location, click on Browse in the Export Outlook Data File dialog box. Click on Replace duplicates by items exported radio buttons and then click on End.
- Next, use the Create Outlook Data File wizard to create a password-protected PST file. Enter a password into the password field (in the case that you want password protected PST files), and then click on OK.
Drawbacks of Manual Import/Export method
Outlook’s Import/Export feature has its limitations. This can cause you to lose your most important data. Below are a few of the issues:
- Complex and time-consuming processes
- It doesn’t guarantee the successful extraction of Outlook data
- Data loss situation can arise
- Technical knowledge is required to complete the task
- To export data from Outlook OST into PST, Exchange Server connectivity must be available
- It can be difficult to use, especially if you are a beginner user.
Method 2: A reliable automated method – Regain OST To PST Converter for exporting Contacts from OST into PST file
As I mentioned above, to perform Import/Export to export Contacts from Outlook OST into PST, users will need to connect to Exchange Server with their Exchange profiles. It is also difficult to do, especially for a new user. Professional Regain OST to PST Converter tool that allows users to extract Contacts from Outlook OST to PST file. These are just a few of the key features:
- Outlook OST to PST can be quickly and safely extracted
- It’s a simple and quick interface
- Compatible with all versions of MS Outlook, including 2016,
- This program allows users to convert OST files and associated data into PST, MSG, MBOX, EML or DBX file formats according to individual preferences.
The bottom line:
This blog will discuss both the manual and automated methods to export contacts from Outlook OST to PST. If you are looking for a secure and safe way to accomplish this task, the Regain Software developed a OST Converter tool, which can easy export all OST data to PST file. It makes all the process easy and safe.