MS Outlook has captured the most market share in the area of mail services. The key characteristics offered by MS Outlook and attractive Interface distinguish it from other email clients , and consequently, many users are moving from other email applications towards MS Outlook. A lot of users did not find Mozilla Thunderbird interesting and they changed to Outlook. Unfortunately, they did not know how to transfer their address book from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Why User Moving Mailbox from Thunderbird to MS Outlook
- MS Outlook has an Upper-Hand over other email clients either in quality of its features or performance.
- There is no doubt that there is trust in using MS Outlook and therefore the users aren’t afraid to send secure emails through Outlook.
- Outlook is the most user-friendly Graphical User interface if compared with other popular email clients.
- The user is able to create two email accounts at the same time within Microsoft Outlook.
Before I tell you about the process of migration I would like to know whether you know anything regarding MS Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. If not, I’ll share some details in a brief manner.
Information About MS Outlook and Thunderbird
- MS Outlook is only compatible with PST File and OST File.
- All contacts, emails and other data saved on MS Outlook are present in the PST file.
- There is no way to convert the entire MBOX File into PST. You must import each mailbox item in a separate way in Outlook.’
- If you are looking to export your contacts to Outlook then you first need convert the file into CSV format. Then, you can add the contacts to MS Outlook.
Two Simple Ways to import Address Book data from Thunderbird into Outlook
There are two ways through which you can view the contacts from Mozilla Thunderbird into MS Outlook.
Manual Method of Importing Thunderbird Contacts to MS Outlook
- Download Mozilla Thunderbird and in the Menu Bar click to open the address book.
- Choose your Contact Book which you would like to import into MS Outlook .
- Select Tools and then click Export.
- Select the Desire address where you would like to save the address in your book.
- Select the format that you wish to save your file, either CSV as well as VCF.
I recommend to save the document in CSV format to make it easy to transfer it to MS Outlook.
- Now, open MS Outlook and Go to the File
- Click on the Open and Export option, and then Import/Export..
- When the new screen appears Click on Importing from an alternative program, or the file
- Click Next
- From the menu, select Comma Separated Values. Then press Next to proceed.
- Browse the recently Saved CSV file.
- Check the the Do not import duplicates of items box and then click Next
- Choose the folder in which you wish to import your files, and then click Contacts.
- Then, click the next button and then Finish button..
It is now possible to import all CSV files into MS Outlook.
But there are some drawbacks of manual method:
- It takes much time, and sharp concentration is required.
- A novice user can’t follow these steps manually.
- It won’t aid you with exporting emails.
We can solve these problems by using Regain MBOX Converter. All MBOX file types can be converted easily into MS Outlook without any data modifications. Download the trial version of the program and it will assist you convert 30 emails at no cost.
Professional Regain MBOX Converter Tool
The MBOX exporter can be described as a powerful tool that helps you to Export Thunderbird Mailbox to Outlook and many other email formats such as EML, MSG, HTML and Office 365.
There are two options to import contacts into MS Outlook from Thunderbird. It’s your decision the method you’d like to select. If you’re not a technical user, then I suggest that you avoid the manual approach as any error could lead to the loss of all data. You can also use the MBOX exporter to import address books. I hope this is enough information and that you enjoyed this post.